Well, sometime yesterday the thanks part of the Hide hack stopped working so I decided to upgrade the forum and the Hide hack to see if that would fix it, it didn't.
I was up til 6:30 AM trying to fix it, and modifying the code and templates to add everything else that we had before the upgrade.
The old default template, the white/red one has not been upgraded to the latest vBulletin version, so there would be problems running that. This skin that we are using now, has been upgraded hence the reason we are using it.
I will try to find a new skin for those who like lighter styles.
05/08/2007 @ 17:20 PM: HIDE/THANKS IS NOW WORKING, ignore the text with a strike through it.
A few things that has changed:
- In order to see hidden content, you must REPLY and REFRESH THE PAGE. At the time of this post, I will be trying to get the old way back where you click the Thanks button.
- If you reply with random things you will be BANNED! without question.
- To hide things you must manually type [ hide] [/ hide] without spaces.
Your profile is now like a MySpace profile, as in you can post comments, view friends and customize the look of it. Here is a full feature list of the Front-End:
- Default avatars for people with no avatar defined (can be turned on or off, as desired)
- Ability to set profiles as private (with admincp backup switch)
- Ability to restrict posting of comments to friends only (with admincp backup switch)
- Myspace-Style "Friend Requests" with ability to accept / decline
- Friendster-Style profile field highlights - keywords become clickable links that can be used for search purposes
- Comment Flood Control
- Comment Numbers w/ Links to Individual Comments
- New Comment E-Mail Notification
- Friend Request E-Mail Notification
- Friend Request Response E-Mail Notification
- E-Mail Notifications can be turned On and Off
- Navbar "New Comments" and "New Friend Requests" Indicators
- Pagination support in friend space and comments
- Morphed, more compact memberinfo layout and postbit template, with avatar support
- Member Profile Ratings, Also Displayed in Posts.
- Member Profile Ratings can be enabled or disabled for each user individually.
- Who Rated Member w/ Access Permissions
- Who Viewed Member w/ Access Permissions
- Last Profile Update in memberinfo
- Graphical Zodiac Sign in memberinfo and in postbit
- Custom css can be temporarily suppressed when viewing customized profiles.
- Custom css can be permanently deleted from customized profiles by privileged users.
To set if you receive an email or not when you get a friend request/new profile comment/friend request response go to User CP -> Edit Profile and scroll down to Interactive Profiles Notifications and check/uncheck the relevant boxes.
To add someone to your friends list, go to their profile and click Add USERNAME to Your Buddy List, they won't display on your friends list until they accept your friend request.
To remove someone from your friends list click Remove USERNAME from your Buddy List.
To see your friend requests go to User CP and click Friend Requests, under Miscellaneous, at the bottom left side.
To customize the way your profile looks go to User CP -> Edit Profile near the top you will see a box that says Custom CSS, that is where you need to use CSS just like MySpace, but the MySpace Layout Generators probably wont work for most part because we use different classes/ids. You can choose from some predefined templates that are there.
You Click Preview then Suppress Customization to save your new look, or click Erase Customization to not save it.
To set your profile as Private go to User CP -> Edit Options, near the top you will see Set Profile as Private, tick that box.
To set only your friends can posts comments go to User CP -> Edit Options, near the top you will see Only Allow Friends to Post Comments, tick that box.
To disable rating, go to User CP -> Edit Profile, near the top you will see Disable Rating, tick that box.
I think that's most things covered that's changed, you may noticed also the Check If Already Posted button is gone, that will be back as well, it just messed up the layout.